Thursday, January 19, 2012

Banana Split Pie

I have not made this but my mom sent this recipe to all of us last year because my sister-in-law had been asking for it.  Apparently this is something my mom used to make for parties or what have you and I understand it's really good.  While the original recipe seems to have disappeared this is one that my mom found that is very similar to her original. 

I know I have mentioned though that my mom is in the process of organizing the hundreds of scraps of paper with recipes she's accumulated over her lifetime from past generations of women in this family.  Perhaps when she gets it fully organized she'll find the original? 

Until then....

Banana Split Pie

Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 35 min
Serves: 10
Yield: 1 dish

Ingredients:
2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
2 eggs
3 -4 bananas
1 can crushed pineapple
1 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip
3/4 cup pecans, chopped
1 jar maraschino cherries (optional)

Directions:
1. Combine graham crackers and butter.
2. Line 9 x 13 baking dish with this.
3. Beat cream cheese, eggs, and powdered sugar on med for 10 min.
4. Pour over crust and bake@ 325 degrees for 15 min.
5. Cool completely.
6. Layer sliced bananas.
7. Then cover with drained pineapple.
8. Cover with cool whip Sprinkle with pecans and halved cherries.
9. Best refrigerated overnight

No comments:

Post a Comment